Just like a solider who prepares for battle (Ephesians 6: 10-20), a teacher who prepares for class, or a coach who prepares for a game; so should you as a child of God study, prepare, and equip yourselves daily. In 2 Timothy 2:15 we find the following: "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." Our Lord and Saviour not only wants you to follow him but grow in his word daily so that we may continue to spread the good news.
Complete Your Assignment:
The Great Commission, one of the most important passages in the Holy Bible. In Matthew 28:16-20 we find the following: "16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Weekly Bible Study:
Wednesdays at 7PM services held at New Vision Baptist Church 2311 24th Street Dickinson, Texas 77539
"Hear, Learn, & Grow"
Bible Study Lessons
Did You Know:
1) The shepherds went to see Jesus on the day of his birth (Luke 2:8-15); the wise men came later when Jesus was a young child (Matthew 2:11).
2) The type of fruit Adam & Eve ate off is not identified in the Bible (Genesis 3:6-7).
3) The Torah also known as the Pentateuch (or the 5 Books of Moses) refers to the first five books of the Old Testament (Deuteronomy 31:24-26).
4) There were saints risen from their graves after Jesus yielded up the ghost (Matthew 27:50-54).
5) The Bible has 66 books in it, 39 in the Old Testament and 27 in the New Testament.
6) That Samson was the strongest man in the Bible (Judges 16:25-30).
7) That Solomon was the wisest man in the Bible (1 Kings 3:5-14).
8) That Methuselah was the oldest person in Bible, who died at age 969 (Genesis 5:27).
9) That there are different types of prayers listed in the bible: Confession, Forgiveness, Praise, Thanksgiving, Petition, Intercession, Commitment, Confidence, & Benediction.
10) That Matthias was chosen to replace Judas as the Twelfth Apostle (Acts 1:12-26).
11) That the two men in the Bible that never died were Enoch (Genesis 5:21-24) and Elijah (2 Kings 2:11).
12) That the shortest scripture in the New Testament is "Jesus wept." (John 11:35)